- BNPP AM awarded 11 new SRI labels
- BNPP AM manages more than EUR 46 billion of SRI-labelled assets in France
BNP Paribas Asset Management (‘BNPP AM’) has been awarded the SRI label for 11 of its funds, with a further five funds having their SRI labels renewed. The labels were issued for a period of three years, following the audit conducted by Ernst & Young France. BNPP AM now has a total of 52 SRI-labelled funds with combined assets of EUR 46.5 billion, confirming its position as the market leader in terms of assets under management in France.
While the SRI market is expanding rapidly as investors are increasingly keen to take account of environmental, social and governance issues, BNPP AM continuously looks to have its fund range recognised, with six equity funds and five ETFs being newly awarded the SRI label. The objective of achieving the SRI label for most of the funds in its Sustainable+ range marketed in France forms part of BNPP AM's Global Sustainability Strategy.
Béatrice Verger, Head of SRI Development at BNPP AM, comments:
"In 2020 the number of SRI-labelled funds in France almost doubled, numbering 618 compared to 365 at the end of 2019, acknowledging the demand for investments that deliver financial performance together with sustainable development. Savers, for whom labels are increasingly important, are now able to include SRI funds within their life insurance. The appetite for sustainable finance is real."
New SRI labels awarded to 11 funds:
• Six actively-managed equity funds:
- BNP Paribas Actions Monde [global equity]
- BNP Paribas Actions PME ETI [European small & midcap equity]
- BNP Paribas Actions Patrimoine Responsable [European large cap]
- BNP Paribas Immobilier Responsable [European listed real estate]
- BNP Paribas Développement Humain [global equity]
• Five ETFs in the BNP Paribas Easy range:
- BNP Paribas Easy MSCI World SRI S-Series 5% capped [global equity]
- BNP Paribas Easy MSCI EMU SRI S-Series 5% capped [European equity]
- BNP Paribas Easy ECPI Global ESG Infrastructure [global listed infrastructure]
- BNP Paribas Easy € Corp Bond SRI Fossil Free 1-3Y [European credit]
- BNP Paribas Easy € Corp Bond SRI Fossil Free 3-5Y [European credit]
SRI labels renewed for five Multipar funds:
- Multipar Monétaire Socialement Responsable [European money market]
- Multipar Actions Socialement Responsable [European equity]
- Multipar Solidaire Dynamique Socialement Responsable [European equity]
- Multipar Solidaire Oblig Socialement Responsable [European aggregate bond]
- Multipar Equilibre Socialement Responsable [European diversified]
Funds in the Multipar range are offered as part of employee savings plans by BNP Paribas Epargne et Retraite Entreprises (‘BNPP ERE’) and are managed on behalf of BNPP ERE by BNPP AM. BNPP ERE is a leader in employee savings and collective retirement solutions in France.
- ENDS -
- ^  Socially Responsible Investment
- ^  Source: BNP Paribas Asset Management as at 31/12/2020
- ^  BNPP AM’s Sustainable+ range integrates the four fundamental pillars of our sustainable offer by adding: ‘Reinforced ESG’ strategies that include multi-factor, best-in-class and labelled funds, together with ‘thematic’ strategies, to invest in companies that provide products and services offering tangible solutions to environmental and/or social challenges, as well as ‘impact’ strategies that aim to generate a measurable positive environmental and/or social impact in addition to financial performance.
- ^  Source: https://www.lelabelisr.fr/fonds-isr/
BNP Paribas Easy is a Luxembourg SICAV in accordance with Directive 2009/65/EC. Investments made in funds are subject to market fluctuations and the risks inherent in investments in transferable securities. The value of investments and the income they generate can go down as well as up and investors may not get back their full investment. The fund described presents a risk of capital loss. For a more complete definition and description of risks, please refer to the fund's prospectus and KIID available free of charge on our website: www.easy.bnpparibas.fr. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
Created in 2016 and supported by the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, the SRI label recognises funds that invest in companies with responsible environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices. It is granted for a renewable three-year period and aims to help investors choose responsible and sustainable investments. Each fund is analysed by a certification body (Ernst & Young France) according to a series of criteria, taking into account the general objectives of the fund (financial and ESG), the methodology for analysing and rating the ESG criteria of the companies in which the fund invests, the integration of ESG criteria into the construction and management of the portfolio, the fund's ESG engagement policy (voting and company engagement), the fund's transparency and the measurement of the positive impacts of ESG management for the development of a sustainable economy. For further information, please visit www.lelabelisr.fr.
BNP Paribas Asset Management UK Limited, ‘the investment company’, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 02474627, registered office: 5 Aldermanbury Square, London, England, EC2V 7BP, United Kingdom.
This material is produced for information purposes only and does not constitute:
- an offer to buy nor a solicitation to sell, nor shall it form the basis of or be relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever, or
- investment advice.
This material is issued and has been prepared by the investment management company. It contains opinions and statistical data that are considered lawful and correct on the day of their publication according to the economic and financial environment at the time. This document does not constitute investment advice or form part of an offer or invitation to subscribe for or to purchase any financial instrument(s) nor shall it or any part of it form the basis of any contract or commitment whatsoever.
Whilst the BNP Paribas funds described herein have been established as UCITS (in accordance with the UCITS Directive) in Luxembourg and the BNPP ERE Multipar funds described herein have been established as Fonds Communs de Placement (FCP) in France, they have not been registered in the UK. Therefore the promotion of these funds and the distribution of this document in the UK are accordingly restricted by law.
This document is provided without knowledge of an investors’ situation. Prior to any subscription, investors should verify in which countries the financial instruments referred to in this document refers are registered and authorised for public sale. In particular financial instruments cannot be offered or sold publicly in the United States. Investors considering subscriptions should read carefully the most recent prospectus and Key Investor Information Document (KIID) agreed by the regulatory authority, available on the website. Investors are invited to consult the most recent financial reports, which are also available on the website. Investors should consult their own legal and tax advisors prior to investing. Given the economic and market risks, there can be no assurance that the financial instrument(s) will achieve its investment objectives. Their value can decrease as well as increase. In particular, changes in currency exchange rates may affect the value of an investment. Performance that is shown net of management fees and is calculated using global returns with time factored in, with net dividends and reinvested interest, and does not include subscription-redemption fees, exchange rate fees or tax. Any gross of fees performance included in this material do not reflect the deduction of commission, fees and other expenses incurred. Returns will be reduced after the deduction of such fees. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.
This document is directed only at person(s) who have professional experience in matters relating to investments (‘relevant persons’). Any investment or investment activity to which this document relates is available only to an d will be engaged in only with Professional Clients as defined in the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority. Any person who is not a relevant person should not act or rely on this document or any of its contents.
All information referred to in the present document is available at www.bnpparibas-am.com.
This is a Marketing Communication for Professional Investors only. No assurance can be given that any forecast, target or opinion will materialise.
As at January 2021
Product Strategy Manager - Head of SRI development
Béatrice is Product Strategy Manager - SRI Specialist and Head of SRI development Béatrice began her career in 1994 with BNP Paribas Asset Management in Luxembourg...